Get insight into why Erik is married and why he is better than fight club.
Openings in New York
Our New York office is located in the trendy Tribeca district in Manhattan.
Fi - New York
Openings in San Francisco
Join our San Francisco office located in the heart of South Park.
Fi - San Francisco
Openings in Stockholm
Join our beautiful office in the heart of Stockholm.
Fi - Stockholm
OverviewAll Fi Lead Developers have a passion for and a detailed understanding of how interactive experiences should look, feel and function on the web and interactive devices. They are also connected to the development community and actively participate. As part of the Fi team, you will have the opportunity to work amongst world-class talent on unique interactive projects, including rich applications, portals and campaign sites for a wide range of top clients.
What does it mean to be a Lead Developer at Fi?In the words of one of our Lead Developers:
"You are responsible for defining and implementing graphical user interfaces. Our projects range from small promotional sites and game interfaces to full web portals and large web-based software applications. So you have to be able to deliver excellent quality animations and motions as well as understand the underlying technologies used. You have to be on top of your field and spearhead front-end implementation and also ensure that the look and feel of the final product is polished to the Fi-Quality level. You are the spider-in-the-net, so to speak."
- Experience working with major APIs (Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- Experience working with open source CMS (Wordpress, Modx, Drupal, Umbraco, etc)
- Experience utilizing PHP / Python web frameworks (Django, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc)
- Experience working with Analytics packages (Google Analytics, Flurry, Omniture, etc)
- Strong knowledge and experience using Version Control Software such as Git
- Commercial development experience with Responsive and/or Adaptive design websites.
- All embracing interest and interest in new platforms and technologies
- Strong ability to prioritize work and work on multiple projects if required
- Strong desire to learn and stay on top of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Flexible and inventive in using different technologies and creative problem solving
- Comfortable with database setup and maintenance
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Active participant in the development community
- Proven mentoring and supervisory skills
- Familiar with mobile development: native IOS / Android or Appcelerator PhoneGap
- Strong motion/animation skills using Flash, After Effects and/or other tools
- IA/UX experience
- Passion for excellence/quality
- 6+ years development experience in a digital agency setting
- 3+ years of experience leading development
- Proven track record of creating cutting-edge interactive projects
Other Considerations:Our ambition is to be the best company to work for in the interactive industry. We constantly strive towards building a strong, cohesive team, and creating an inspiring work environment. We are looking for our applicants to impress; how you present yourself, your history, portfolio and skill set is as important as the content. All applicants receive timely responses and we look forward to hearing from you.