Listen to Anton Repponen walk through Fi's new flat and simple designs.
Openings in New York
Our New York office is located in the trendy Tribeca district in Manhattan.
Fi - New York
Openings in San Francisco
Join our San Francisco office located in the heart of South Park.
Fi - San Francisco
Openings in Stockholm
Join our beautiful office in the heart of Stockholm.
Fi - Stockholm
The Senior Designer is a key member of the design team, and will at times lead the most complex and innovative projects. Senior designer has a passion for and a detailed understanding ofinteractive design while leading the design of large, industry-leading sites.
Wewill rely on this persons creativity,meticulous attention to detail, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, professionalism and the ability to communicate with and guide design team members in the right direction. Senior Designers have stellar experience in designing for many kinds of interactive projects and the capacity to accommodate multiple design styles.
The Senior Designer will often serve as the main client contact from a creative perspective. Furthermore the person in this position must be a great communicator, both verbally and in writing, a problem solver, and a thinker. He or she must be able to thrive in a fast-paced business environment and have a proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- A Senior Designer has responsibility for the way the end product looks and feels. It is your job to ensure design and art is following the same high design standards and quality level of production throughout the duration of the project
- Making sure that the project is following the project plan and that all deliverables and milestones are met. If there are issues you actively bring them up with the producer of the project or Creative Director
- Executing different design styles with innovative solutions, passion, attention to details without getting stuck in patterns
- Design with a solid understanding of intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation. Keep your work and files organized and logically structured
- Responsible for the look and feel, layout, pixel-perfect visual appearance and the execution of entire design for large, industry-leading sites
- Perform as a key person in concepting the creative and design startup of a project, be able to clearly communicate the creative vision to the team and the client
- Be able to quickly and accurately predict, plan and structure timelines with the team while having a clear understanding of what is priority and what is not within a project
- Have excellent communication skills and extensive knowledge of the clients business, making sure that what is being produced is in line with what client is looking for. Helping the client understand the way we work and what they will receive.
- Be seen as a senior, knowledgeable person by all external company contacts, including clients and development partners
- Use appropriate software to create professional-quality, well-designed deliverables, to Fi specifications
- Have strong leadership skills, the ability to lead a team, manage and mentor junior/intermediate designers by giving constant and constructive feedback on a daily basis. This will also include projects you are not directly involved with.
- Be a solid mentor and inspirational role model for new and existing designers within the company
- Work closely with information architects, developers and producers advocating for the best design for the end user, both taking and providing feedback to other team members
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines
- Able to travel and work with clients on sight
- Be available and part of the interviewing team for all design positions within the company. Create and develop intuitive tests and tasks for potential employees to complete in order to see their standard of design. Have a sharp eye in recognizing new design talent
- Staying abreast of industry best practices for design and be aware of what is happening in the Design Community and be on the look out for up and coming or competitive technologies and designs
- Be able to represent the company and its ideas at conferences and other industry events
- Minimum 4+ years of hands-on experience creating interfaces, large scale websites, applications and campaign web sites for commercial projects in an interactive agency setting
- Having led the design and conceptualization of several large-scale and small-scale interactive design projects
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions and detailed design projects
- Ability to work with technology experts to uncover and understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to design deliverables
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, using natural language especially focused on running work-sessions and articulating and defending design decisions
- Very strong understanding of information architecture (IA) ability to concept and design without information architects involved
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced/team setting environment
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on
- Ability to manage and mentor other designers, give constructive feedback
- Ability to manage client communication and presentations confidently
Our ambition is to be the best company to work for in the interactive industry. We constantly strive towards building a strong, cohesive team, and creating an inspiring work environment. We are looking for our applicants to impress; how you present yourself, your history, portfolio and skill set is as important as the content. All applicants receive timely responses and we look forward to hearing from you.